The Nikon “Dark Side” force is stronger with the announcement of two new lenses for the mirrorless Z mount family, the NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S and NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR.
NIKKOR Z 20MM F/1.8 S
This is a bright, ultra-wide 20 mm prime lens with advanced optics for the wide Z mount/ It has a wide-open f/1.8 designed with the rounded 9-blade aperture for better performance in any light. Sharpness is a superb edge to edge and exceptional close-up with a minimum focus distance of just 0.20 m. The ED glass and Nikon’s anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduce ghosting and flare effectively.
The fast facts:
• F/1.8 ultra-wide-angle mirrorless lens. Phenomenally sharp from edge to edge and brilliant in low light.
• Incredible MFD. A minimum focus distance of just 0.20 m puts photographers in control of the frame, from close-up to infinity.
• Beautiful bokeh. Advanced optical design enables exquisite starbursts and natural-looking bokeh.
• Crisp, clear images. ED glass and aspherical lens elements correct chromatic aberrations, and Nikon’s anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat combats ghosting and flare.
• Movie ready. Focusing is fast, smooth, and quiet. Focus breathing is all but eliminated.
• Weather sealed. Every movable part of the lens barrel is sealed to keep dust and moisture out.
NIKKOR Z 24-200MM F/4-6.3 VR
The perfect travel lens to capture richly detailed stills and movies. As one of the most compact telephotos zooms available today, it easily fits into smaller kit bags. The large Z mount allows a unique design that places larger lens elements to the rear—enabling superb balance and handling. The optical design ensures sharp images with vivid colour and deep contrast, whether shooting wide or telephoto. Video shooters can capture beautiful full-frame video footage thanks to advanced NIKKOR optics that make the most of their Nikon Z camera’s superb image quality.
The fast facts:
• Ultra-compact telephoto zoom. The full-frame mirrorless lens with 24–200 mm wide-angle to telephoto zoom range.
• Light Weight. Weighs just 570 g and easily fits into smaller kit bags. The zoom-lock switch keeps the lens fully retracted when it’s stowed in a bag.
• Close-Up MFD. The minimum focus distance of just 0.5 m at 24 mm, and 0.7 m at 200 mm.
• Great for movies. Autofocus is whisper-quiet. Focus breathing is reduced, as is focus-shift while zooming.
• Crisp, clear images. Aspherical ED glass and aspherical lens elements ensure minimal distortion throughout the zoom range. Nikon’s ARNEO coat combats ghosting and flare for clearer images.
• Weather sealed. The lens is sealed to protect from dust and moisture. A fluorine coat effectively repels dust and dirt, without compromising image quality.
The review will be coming soon when we got hold of these lenses. For a host of other Nikon related news and review are found here. Prices for both are not available at writing time, and meanwhile, please visit Nikon Malaysia for more information on NIKKOR Z 20MM F/1.8 S and NIKKOR Z 24-200MM F/4-6.3 VR.
Would you like to receive daily photography news and updates from us? Subscribe to our newsletter:-