Kingston Technology announced the launch of XS2000, a pocket-sized portable SSD utilising USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 speeds external on-the-go drive, and DataTraveler Max, a high performance Type-C USB leveraging the latest USB 3.2 Gen 2 standard, to keep up with users’ storage demands.
Both products connect with USB Type-C and can be easily used with mainstream devices on the market. On top of content creation and business usage, XS2000 and DataTraveler Max can also be used as extended storage for PS5.
XS2000 delivers lightning-fast transfer speeds up to 2,000MB/s giving users enhanced productivity with little interruption. XS2000 offers remarkable performance and capacities up to 2TB to offload and edit high-res images, 8K videos and large documents in a flash, transferring up to 400 HD photos per second or taking less than 30 seconds to transfer a 1-hour 4K video, making any location an instant studio workspace.
The drive connects with USB Type-C allowing content creators to easily store and access their files anywhere on a PC or mobile device. At nearly half the size of a typical portable SSD, XS2000 includes a removable ruggedized sleeve and IP55-rating to withstand water and dust, making it the perfect companion for on-location adventures whether you go from work to play to passion projects.
XS2000 is available in capacities 500GB to 2TB and is backed by a limited five-year warranty with free technical support.
XS2000 Specification at a glance:-
- Read/write speeds up to 2,000MB/s
- Up to 2TB to support high resolution images, 8K videos, and large documents
- Water resistant, dust resistant and shockproof with an included rubber sleeve
- Small, lightweight 69.54 x 32.58 x 13.5mm, Weight: 28.9g, on-the-go storage.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2×2
- Windows 10, 8.1, Mac OS (v.10.14.x +), Linux (v. 2.6.x +), Chrome OS
DataTraveler Max (DT Max) delivers record-breaking speeds up to 1,000MB/s read and 900MB/s write to make it one of the fastest USB drives on the market and the first of its kind. DT Max is designed with portability and convenience in mind.
The unique ridged casing protects the connector when it is not in use and is easily moved in a single motion. Seamlessly transfer and store large digital files such as HD photos (up to 200 HD photos per second), 4K/8K videos, music and more with top speeds and high capacities up to 1TB3. The addition of a keyring loop and LED status indicator makes the drive ideal for users who need storage on-the-go.
“DT Max offers industry-leading speeds and uncompromised storage space to enable consumers to create and keep up with today’s content demands,” said Kingston. “We deliver unparalleled performance that our customers have come to know and expect, and with this launch, we are proud to set a new bar for USB-C flash drives.”
DataTraveler Max is available in capacities 256GB to 1TB and is also backed by a five-year warranty with free technical support.
DataTraveler Max Specification at a glance:-
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 Standard: up to 1,000MB/s Read, 900MB/s Write
- USB-C Connectivity: Supports next-gen laptops and desktops
- Unique Design: Convenient one-handed sliding cap, LED status indicator
- 82.17 mm x 22.00 mm x 9.02 mm Weight: 12g
- Compatible with: Windows 10, 8.1, Mac OS (v. 10.14.x +), Linux (v. 2.6.x +), Chrome OS