This lens will complete the “Holy Trinity” in the Tamron’s line-up for the Sony E-Mount with the wide-angle zoom, standard zoom and this upcoming 70-180mm F2.8 mid-telephoto zoom lens.
Developed with “making high-speed zoom lenses user-friendly” concept in mind, this lens features a compact and lightweight design, an ideal pairing for full-frame mirrorless interchangeable lens Sony A series camera for now. It uses the 67mm filter diameter, the same diameter as all other Tamron lenses in this series saving the user some money and weight to carry different sizes of filters.
The optical design includes several specialized glass elements that contribute to the lens’s superb imaging performance. The lens has a very short 0.85m (33.5″) Minimum Object Distance expands overall versatility and it adopts Tamron’s newly developed
The 70-180mm F2.8 Di III
This new model joins the 17-28mm F/2.8 Di III
As there are not much information for now, we summarise the following for you to digest:-
- Comfortably compact (149mm / 5.9″) and lightweight (815g).
- 67mm filter diameter, same as all other Tamron lenses for full-frame mirrorless cameras.
- Superb optical performance and MOD of 0.85m (33.5 in) for a broader range of photographic versatility.
- Extremely quiet and fast newly developed
VXDlinear motor focus mechanism.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating contribute to a comfortable,
user friendlyphotographic experience.
- Compatible with various camera-specific features including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.
Expected to be available in the first quarter of 2020, price is not available at writing time. You could contact the local distributor, DSC World Sdn Bhd for more information.